These instructions assume a TRF7160 PVR. They may work for other TAP-capable PVRs. Try your luck.
- A network link to your PVR. And preferably a consistent IP address for the PVR, so that you can connect to it easily. See section 9 of the TRF7160 manual.
- The FTP server on the PVR enabled. See section 9.4 of the TRF7160 manual.
- A java runtime environment (JRE). You will need at least Java Standard Edition, Version 6, which you can get from here.
TAP installed and running on your PVR.
This TAP comes with the
- You can download the latest version of Explorer from here.
- Unzip the archive and find the file labelled TMSNetServer.tap.
- Use an FTP client (linux systems can use ftp from the command line, windows uses will need to download an FTP client from somewhere) to put the TAP into the ProgramFiles/AutoStart. Then restart the PVR.
Using an Installer
There are installers available for Windows, Linux and Mac OSX. The installers are the easiest way to get everything installed and going.
The windows and linux installers come as jar-files that can be run by Java. Download the installer and double-click on the installer to start it. You will then be taken through the usual wizard-like install process.
The OSX installer comes as a disk image. Drag the TMSNet Client application from the disk image to the Applications folder.
If you can't use an installer, you will need to install TMSNet Client manually.
Get the TMSNet Client -bin download from here Unzip it somewhere sensible.
The contents on the -bin download is only part of what is required, you will then need to add
SWT library for your PC.
SWT is designed to work well with the underlying windowing system of an operating system.
As a consequence, there are multiple versions of SWT and the particular one that you want is not
part of the TMSNet Client download.
You can download SWT from
Choose the download that matches the operating system and processor of your PC.
Unzip the download and copy the
swt.jar file into the
lib directory of the TMSNet Client
Starting TMSNet Client
To start TMSNet Client, choose the
TMSClient will start and show an empty window. To begin with, open the preferences screen viaUse the preferences screen to enter the host name or IP address of your PVR and click on OK.
To connect to the PVR, choosefrom the main menu. There will be a flurry of activity as the current list of channels, timers and EPG are downloaded from the PVR.
To view something, choose an appropriate option from themenu.
From then on, the help pages will guide you.